Saturday, August 31, 2013

What kind of point and shoot camera takes the best pictures?

Question by kcawh: What kind of point and shoot camera takes the best pictures?
I'm looking for more color quality than picture clearness. My limit would be around $ 300, but would like around $ 200. All the cameras I've had tend to take washed out pictures, and the coloring is never quite right, especially outside when it's sunny. I want blues that are blue, greens that are greens, and everything in between. Is it impossible to find a normal point and shoot digital camera that takes photos like that, or do I have to buy a DSLR?..


Best answer:

Answer by Jesse Ekin
I recentl got a Panasonic Lumix FT2- It's water-proof, dust-proof, shock-proof and freeze proof. It takes clear pictures with really good vibrant colours. It is also a HD video camera. I recommend it.
I bought it for about $ 350 it may be out of your price range but trust me it's worth every cent.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Take a look at the Canon S90. It was one of the best P&S at around $ 300.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would look at the Fuji Finepix S1800 on amazon.com. They have a great price around $ 160.00, I think mainly because the camera may be or is discontinued. But this should not bother you, as any camera you buy today will be discontinued tomorrow! A side Note: I just saw another contributor recommend a digital camera witha 3x optical lens-this is a mistake! Bear minimum should be 5x optical! period!!!
    A DSLR starts at $ 500.00 or more, and your requirements at not that necessary. However your seem to be more critical than the average "joe". I would suggest to look into a Digital Grey Kard.

    http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Premium-White-Balance-Photography/dp/B000HDFH6W

    This card (which if you get it will seem over priced $ 20.00) will enable you to set the correct color balance or as digitally known the "white balance"...
    Once you have the correct white balance and the camera sets the correct exposure. (Don't set you ISO over ISO 200). Then the focus is right on, there is no reason you can't have beautiful $ 4.00 11 x14's from places like Costco and others!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hard to say - there are many good cameras (you may want to check out a leica).

    For $ 300 you certainly will not get "the best", but you can get a good camera.

    If you get washed out colors it's not so much the camera that is bad, it's just that the meter behaves a certain way and tries to guess what will give the best exposure (dSLR cameras do this too, so you have to tell the camera to underexpose a little in order to give vibrant colors).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently bought a Panasonic ZS7. It's less than $ 300.

    My first opinion about it was it is awesome and really compact. It is like one of the best digital cameras that I've ever bought. Seriously...

    Last time I bought it at http://www.panasoniczs7.org

    It offers nice deals. You should try. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete