Thursday, October 03, 2013

Is a Canon SD1000 a good camera to purchase?

Question by balmuff: Is a Canon SD1000 a good camera to purchase?
I'm looking for an inexpensive point & shoot camera. So far all the reviews I've checked recommend the sd1000.
What do you think?
Would a Sony, Kodak or Panasonic be better?
I'm going on a trip through NA and want an easy to use camera that will take great snaps. Picture quality is most important to me.


Best answer:

Answer by jellybean
Yes. Canon is a great brand and the sd1000 takes picures just like being there. I wish I had one.



Add your own answer in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. In my opinion, IXUS and their followers are good cameras, but they are too expensive. Why do I say this? Think about grabbing a Fuji S5700 or S5800 for less money, and you get optical zoom 10X!

    Other than that, the S5800 can also operated in full manual mode, bridging the gap between poin & shoot cameras and semi-professional DSLR.

    See my links below for details. I hope they will help you make the right decision for your needs and your budget. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks decent. I'm going to buy the Canon A560 tomorrow...You can go to flickr.com and see pictures taken with any camera..
    Here's the like for the SD1000......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canon SD1000 is a good camera. Read or buy here
    http://astore.amazon.com/canon-dslr-camera-20/detail/B000NK8EWI/002-8930908-6388038

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes of course it is great digicam
    but i personally prefer Canon a720

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I've found Canon to be THE BEST cameras out there. Their lenses are just brilliant.

    I actually recently ordered an SD1000, so I've got to recommend it. I went out and tested a TON of cameras at Best Buy, and the SD1000 definitely won me over. Really crisp pictures, & the color saturation is great. Not to mention the nice little features like color swap, color accent, etc. & I love the design, as well. Great little camera.

    ReplyDelete