Monday, October 14, 2013

What kind of camera should I get DSLR camera should I get?

Question by betty lou2010: What kind of camera should I get DSLR camera should I get?
Right now I just have a point and shoot camera that doesn't take very good pictures. I want to spend under $ 1000. I want a camera that takes really nice pictures of the outdoors and daily life. I want a step up from plain digital, I want to take really nice photos but I don't know anything about it! Any advice would be appreciated!


Best answer:

Answer by maxma327
I would suggest an entry level DSLR such as the Nikon D3100 or Canon T2i. Go to a reputable camera store and try them both out. Which one feels better in your hands? Which camera's menus, dials, etc feel more intuitive?

Don't expect to instantly take great pictures as there's a steeper learning curve with DSLRs than a point and shoot digital camera. Practice, practice, practice and learn all you can about proper exposure and the relationships between aperture, shutter speed, and iso. Just remember: while you can use a DSLR like a point and shoot camera by leaving it on auto mode, you really aren't using it to its potential.

Finally, join photography sites like www.dpreview.com and flickr to see and learn from other level photographers.



Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment