Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What is a reasonably priced ($200 max) digital point and shoot?

Question by Anna: What is a reasonably priced (0 max) digital point and shoot?
I am in the process of researching point and shoot cameras, and I have read so many reviews I feel like my eyes are going to bleed! I figured I would give yahoo! answers a shot and see what you guys think.
I used to have a Canon Rebel T3 and I would say I am an intermediate photographer. I am only willing to spend about $ 150 (I will pay that for a used camera in good condition), and at the very most $ 200. The type of pictures I do are usually still life, portraits, landscapes (panorama a must), and concerts (low light shooting a must). I would prefer it to be smaller, but it doesn't have to be little, as long as it can fit in a case logic belt loop case. I like neat features, like color isolation, etc, but this comes second to overall image. That being said, I would like something that takes fairly clear pictures, has a semi-decent zoom, and is at least 12 mp. So, maybe I am asking too much, but if anyone has suggestions that fit most of these guidelines, please speak up! Thanks!!! :)


Best answer:

Answer by NickP
Staying to your price range, I would recommend two Fuji Finepix cameras.
First the Fuji FInepix S4500, this current model sells for about $ 150.00 and has more features on it than my first digital camera the Fuji Finepix S20 Pro. which cost $ 800.00! when digitals first hit the scene.If you want a "deal" so to speak, the last time I looked at these on amazon they had the previous model Fuji Finepix S4200 @ $ 129.00. I am a person who likes making 11x14's and 16x20's to hang in my home. Any camera I buy has to be able to satisfy me with a 11x14 the first day or so of ownership, or I return it. ( I use "one-hour" processor @ $ 4.00, Costco, Walmart, etc.)

I too, have a DSLR that sometimes is "pain" to pull out with the extra lenses etc. So I purchased a "refurbished" Canon Powershot SX10 IS @ $ 250.00, but that is a bit over your limit price. But I like it's many up to date features and especially the swing out LCD screen. The camera was/is in perfect condition except for a small area on the flash shoe where about 1/4th of an inch of paint is missing. Otherwise it is in perfect condition.

So there you are, you know how a retired professional thinks, I hope you can use some of my ideas!



Add your own answer in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. So you are willing to spend only upto 200 dollars?

    ReplyDelete