Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How do i upload pictures from a camera to my macbook?

Question by Kristayyyy: How do i upload pictures from a camera to my macbook?
I have a little point and shoot camera (an olympus) and i have a USB cord to plug into my Macbook but when i plug my camera into my computer it doesn't recognize it and nothing pops up on my desktop saying theres something plugged in. Any help?

And i DO NOT have any external hard drive or whatever to put my memory card into.


Best answer:

Answer by Stephen M
Did you turn your camera on?

If the camera has a LCD screen, does it report that it is connected?

>my computer it doesn't recognize it and nothing pops up on my desktop< Nothing pops up on my Mac either but you see the device on the left side of the Finder window.

As an alternative to the Finder window, run the Image Capture application. Does it see a camera?



Add your own answer in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Well normally I would jump on your case regarding your question, but I haven't seen this question in a while. First off nobody seems to have good luck with the camera-to-the-computer arrangement. Go out and spend $ 5-to-$ 10 for a memory card reader. The cheaper price will accept one card, the high price will accept all current cards. Plug the memory card reader into an available USB port. Insert you memory card into the card reader! Bang! your done! On your Macbook, an small icon looking like a small white book appears-double click this icon. Two folders are inside: one of the folders holds the pictures you have taken. Drag and drop into a folder on your hard drive and you are done. Go have a cookie and congradulate yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to turn ure cam on and set it to display photo mode (where you can see on the cam screen wat photos u took) then connect your usb cable. iphoto should then automatically recognize it and open.

    ReplyDelete